Noted Biblical referencesEdit
Quotations and allusionsEdit
- Doctor Smith grew long hair that gave him unusual strength. When it was cut, he lost his strength. Just before losing his vigor altogether, he was chained to two columns, which he pulled down, causing the roof to cave in. These events paralleled the life of Samson. ("Collision of the Planets")
1 Samuel 17
- John Robinson referred to David slaying Goliath. ("'The Keeper: Part 1'") Will Robinson later likened his father facing an alien fighter to David facing Goliath. ("The Deadly Games of Gamma 6")
- "Man does not live on bread alone." - Dr. Smith ("A Change of Space")
- "O ye, of little faith" - Dr. Smith ("A Change of Space")
- "The spirit is willing, but my flesh has grown weak." - paraphrased by Dr. Smith ("Follow the Leader")
- Same as Matthew 4:4
- Same as Matthew 8:25
1 Corinthians 12:11
- "When I was a child, I too thought like a child. But when I became a man, I had to think like a man." - paraphrased by Dr. Smith ("'The Keeper: Part 1'")
1 Corinthians 15:55
- "Death, where is thy sting?" - Dr. Smith ("'All That Glitters'")
- At the end of "The Hungry Sea", John Robinson takes some time to "give thanks" and conducts an informal religious service for his family, apparently reading to them from the Bible.
- The DVD chapter titles refer to The Keeper as a "Universal Noah".
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.